Saturday, May 30, 2015

Rika's Perspective on CE132


CE 132 is such a unique subject to begin with. Being it a design course is another story to tell.

Have you ever pondered where do our poops go after being flushed down the toilet? Well, I honestly, I have ever given much though on this when I'm stuck inside the bathroom. How we were able to cope up with limited resource of water? Moreover, how we were able to recycle water after  using it for laundry, dishwashing, and the likes? Well, all this questions were answered in CE 132.

We were taught on the processes and the design of water treatment and waste-water treatment. And all the basic knowledge that accompanies them. From there, I perfectly had a sense on how we were able to recycle water in an engineer's perspective. The different stages of treatment of our water resources is very interesting in fact. It was really an interesting subject to learn.

Also, our class was handled greatly by Sir Christian Orozco or  we simply call him as Sir O. The way he taught us made difficult concepts to grasp be learned in simple layman's term. His humor and side stories (that diverts greatly from the topic itself) made the class really fun. 

I believe that UP is the only institution that offers an undergraduate course on sanitary engineering. My false beliefs on disinfection, sanitary treatment, were all cleared up after taking this course. Even if this subject is not required, I will take this one. 

Though this post not really shows you how I felt all throughout my sem in CE132, but I'm encouraging you to take up this course. :)

Much love,
Rika :D

No comments:

Post a Comment