Sunday, May 31, 2015

May pulis may pulis SA ILALIM NG TULAY??


One of the activities that I'll never forget in my CE 132 class is the qualitative assessment of a river. We chose to assess the part of San Juan River near Araneta avenue along Quezon avenue.

We went down the bridge!! It was my first time. Since I was a kid, I've always wondered if it was really possible to live under the bridge (since I've heard that there are people living under the bridge and that "may pulis sa ilalim ng tulay"). I thought maybe they were just referring to those people living beside the river, but no! There were really people living under the bridge!!


Look at the spaces in the structural design of the bridge, they maximized these spaces to the fullest! Pinoy nga naman talaga. They looked like Spiderman whenever they go to their "home".

But hey, there's more! We were surprised when we saw people went farther down the bridge.


I'm not referring to Darryl (the guy with glasses who is too serious in evaluating the river haha). 

There were people having their lunch that time (yes we went there na sobrang tirik yung araw huhu) with all these piles of garbage around them. It amazed me because they were able to live life (the hard way) under the bridge. They were strong. Despite what life has given them, they were fighting, surviving yet smiling (they're still able to joke around). Bilib talaga ako sa pinoy. This has inspired me to keep on surviving and made me thankful for what I have in life. 

However, at the same time, it made me sad. Why are we letting these people live life this way? Why is the government allowing this to happen? Aren't they supposed to take care of their people? Oh well, I guess may idea ako at kayo kung bakit.

Okay enough of my tibak feels. :))
Basta sobrang saya ng experience na to. Nagtatagalog na ko kasi mas ramdam ko eh hahaha. Bukod sa bonding and tawanan with groupmates, nakita ko ang lagay ng San Juan River, pati ng mga taong nakatira sa ilalim ng tulay. At napatunayan kong pwede talagang tumira sa ilalim ng tulay! Though hindi ko parin sure kung may pulis talaga sa ilalim ng tulay. (OKKKKKKKKK maconnect lang eh hahahaha)

Special thanks to Sir O! Syempre hindi ito mangyayari kung hindi niya nirequire tong activity na 'to. Hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment